Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Love your companions

Hi all,
 
The past week was pretty challenging and frustrating. We dropped the only investigator that we had. I don't want to go into details, so let's just say that he isn't really looking for the gospel. It's sad that we have just been dropping people throughout this transfer, but I think it's still better than meeting with them when they had no desire to keep commitments as we wouldn't be able to fulfill our purpose as missionaries. We just need to spend our time somewhere else.
 
My companion is going home is less than a week. I have been trying really hard not to remind her of it so that she would be able to stay focused until the last minute, and I can tell that she really does appreciate it. And I also have been trying not to think about getting a new companion as it would just stress me out. It always takes awhile to get to know a companion and get to work well with her, but I can truly say that I have learned a lot from each of my companions. I definitely have had some hard times with some of my companions, but now when we see each other at meetings, all we would be talking about is the fun times that we had together. None of us have ever mentioned how we argued or fought with each other. And now, I can really say that I love all my companions. They are all very different from me, but it's awesome since we can learn from one another. Sister Payne, the companion I'm with now, loves to sing and is a super amazing singer. And I think I have been influenced by her a lot that I now enjoy singing a lot. I have been asking her to teach me how to sing alto almost everyday, and we are always singing hymns while knocking on doors. Also, her prayers are always very sincere and thoughtful, and it's definitely something I can learn from her. I truly know that all my companions have been placed in my life for a reason. I remember that I was complaining about my companion at the second interview I had with President Choi, and he said "Sister Leung, I'm sorry you are having a hard time with your companion, but I didn't put you two together, Heavenly Father did it". I don't think I will ever forget it. Heavenly Father always knows what we need. He has given me companions that could help me overcome my weaknesses, and I'm forever grateful for it.
 
I wish I would have some cool stories to share, but nothing was happening this past week besides finding and finding. Serving a mission definitely is the hardest thing I have ever done in my life, so I'm so glad that I came with the right reason - serving the Lord, otherwise, I would have gone home already as being a missionary is not easy at all. But after more than a year, I'm still cheerfully serving a mission and thank Heavenly Father everyday for giving me the opportunity to be His instrument in spreading His word.

I hope you all will always pray for the opportunity and courage that you need to share the gospel with those around you as it is the only thing that can bring everlasting happiness.
 
Love,
Sister Leung
With one of my companions, Sister Whetten
 

No comments:

Post a Comment