Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Miracles come from exact obedience

Hi all,
 
This past week was GLORIOUS. My companion Sister Boyce, and I have been getting along well and have been teaching great together. We have decided that we will be BOLD with everyone, and we really have been doing it. I think it's the boldest companionship I have ever been in, and I love it. I have always been pretty bold, but you can only be that bold if nobody is going to back you up. So it's awesome that we both have the desire to be bold with every single person we meet. And we have been amazed by how bold we really can be. A couple days ago, we met a lady that told us she didn't agree with our "fundamental beliefs", and my companion basically told her that our fundamental beliefs were "Faith in Jesus Christ", "Repentance", "Baptism", "Receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost", and "Enduring to the end". She asked the lady which part of our beliefs that she didn't agree with. That lady didn't know what to say. There are many people who don't even understand what we believe when they try to argue with us, and that is what frustrates me the most. I have also met lots of people saying that they have "researched" our Church and know enough about it, but almost all of them have not even read any of the Book of Mormon. We are bold enough to invite them stop just hearing from other people but really to learn from the source, which means reading, pondering, and praying about the Book of Mormon. If this book is true, which I know it is, then you have nothing to worry about. I don't understand or know everything, but I know enough - the Book of Mormon is the word of God. I definitely will be learning and studying the gospel for the rest of my life, but I know that I don't need to understand everything all at once.
 
The other thing that I like about this companionship is that we both have the desire to be exactly obedient. We are constantly striving to do that and repent immediately when we fall short. And we truly have seen miracles that come from obeying rules with exactness. A few days ago, we got a referral from a member in a different stake that a Chinese family that lived in our boundary was interested in learning about the Church. The husband had already been on lds.org and mormon.org and wanted to be baptized. We had a lesson with them yesterday, and Sister Li, a Chinese member in our ward, came with us. It was my first time teaching the whole Restoration in Mandarin. I was go thankful that Sister Li was there to teach with me and that my companion was praying for me the whole time. I still struggled a bit but was able to say all the gospel terms correctly. I extended the baptismal invitation, and they said YES! I didn't even know what date I should put them on before the lesson started, but July 25th was the date that was in my head after they said yes to baptism. So I just asked if they would be baptized on July 25th if they came to know that what we taught them was true by that day. And they said YES! So they are now on date for baptism on July 25th. Yay! However, some issues came up that we might not be able to teach them for much longer. I won't go into details about it since only people who have served missions would be able to understand. I don't know if we would get to teach them all the lessons and see them get baptized, but we will make sure we will do all that we can to bring them closer to our Savior. I love this gospel and know that it can bless everyone's life.
 
Love,
Sister Leung
July 4th evening. We were asked to stay in our apartment to do our 3 hour Weekly Planning. Snacks were needed for sure.

Last Saturday we went to Alex Boye's concert! And I saw an awesome family from my first area:)

No comments:

Post a Comment