Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Look up

Hi all,
 
Since my companion was going home, I went to Bellevue South stake to stay with Sister Hales yesterday. Since she is a Spanish speaking missionary, she covers the whole stake, so we got to work in many different areas in one day, which was pretty cool. When we drove by Somerset area, I was basically screaming since I was so excited to be in my first area again. Even though it has been more than 8 months since I left, I still remember the area pretty well. When we visited a potential investigator in the area, I told Sister Hales that the house on the right was a less-active, so we got to stop by and introduce ourselves. Heavenly Father definitely has been blessing me with the gift of tongues. I have only taken one Spanish class my whole life, but when Sister Hales was teaching and talking to people in Spanish, I could understand what they were talking about. Sister Hales is such an awesome missionary and is exactly obedient. It was so great to be able to work with her for a day.
 
We had transfer this morning. And I almost screamed when I found out Sister Boyd, my trainer, got transferred to the Bellevue zone! I have been missing her for months, and we are now in the same zone again. Her last companion, Sister Boyce, is now my companion. She actually served in this area a year ago and is now back. She loves everything about China, so I bet she will have a blast here as there are many Chinese people.
 
This past week was kind of rough as we were just finding and finding every day because we didn't have any investigators. Missionary work is never easy but is definitely the most rewarding work. I have been enjoying bearing testimony of the Restoration to people. This gospel truly has blessed my life a lot, and I'm grateful to be able to serve a full-time mission in the Washington Seattle Mission. It's indeed the BEST mission ever. I know that President Choi has been called of God to preside over this mission, and I have learned a lot from him. He is a very wise man. He always reminds us to LOOK UP to heaven but not looking around. It's always better to LOOK UP.
Love,

Sister Leung
Last District Meeting of last transfer
With my companion Sister Payne, who was going home
With Sister Sim (from Korea)
Last picture with Sister Payne
With Sister Capener

No comments:

Post a Comment