Saturday, February 1, 2014

The BEST exchanges ever!

Hi all,
 
Last week we had exchanges with the Sister Training Leader and her companion. Since I have already gone on exchanges with the Sister Training Leader twice, I got to stay in my area with her companion, Sister Morrison. Sister Morrison and I came out together, and one of her friends back home served his mission in my home ward. This world is just so small! We had lots of FUN together. We visited an older couple in the morning after study. They were always soooooo funny. They could totally walk and do most of the things by themselves, but they loved to say that they would die anytime soon. And they loved telling us stories about the Second World War. It was so hard to leave their house within an hour. After lunch, we went to Sister Ivie's house to do service. She had a baby and two sick kids to take care but had to make lots of cupcakes for a Primary activity, so we went to help. It took us a long time to make the frosting and the decoration, but we just had so much FUN! I have learned to do lots of things through service, such as yard work, and making frozen jams. I had never enjoyed doing service that much before my mission. Sister Ivie let us bring some of the cupcakes home. I was never a big fan of cupcakes, but I was pretty excited to try them as my last companion told me that Sister Ivie made the best cupcakes in the whole world, and she did. Those cupcakes were super delicious. :) We went tracting in the evening as usual, and it was a great experience that I got to learn door approaches from Sister Morrison.
 
Last night we went to visit one of our investigators Laura. We invited her to read Alma 32 last time, and she had read it! It was her first time reading the Book of Mormon, and she loved it. We then discussed more how we could apply the chapter to our lives. We also read 1 Nephi 8 about the Tree of Life with her. She liked it and told us that she could relate it to her life. I don't know how much she understood when we shared the Restoration two weeks ago, but I know that she will have a stronger desire to come to Church if she can feel the Spirit when reading the Book of Mormon. I don't know how her progression is going to be, but I know that she has already come a bit closer to the Savior, and that's our purpose as missionary.

Love,
Sister Leung
This picture is taken on Christmas Eve. We had so much fun with the Ivie's kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment