Friday, February 7, 2014

The BIGGEST miracle ever

Hi all,
We had a big miracle last week. My companion and I have been out for almost 8 months now, and we both agree that it's the biggest miracle we have seen since we came on a mission. About 2 weeks ago, we got a referral from Church Headquarters saying that a lady named Nancy (name changed) would want a visit from missionary. So we went there, but the lady who answered the door said she wasn't interested at all. It wasn't unusual, so I updated the referral system that night. But we just kept getting referrals about Nadia through text messages and letters. I updated the system again, but we got another letter last week. I was pretty annoyed by it to be honest. I completely ignored the letter and let it sit on the table for a few days. Last Thursday, I felt like I should read the letter again, so I did. I saw the phone number on the letter and felt prompted to make a phone call. I had learned from experiences that you never question a prompting. You just do it! So I called, and Nancy (name changed) answered and said that she would want to meet with us! We could totally tell that she wasn't the same person that we met a couple days ago. We set up a Church Tour for the next day and were excited about it. The next day morning, we were told that the sister missionaries in the Canyon Park Ward would be holding a baptismal service at 5pm, and my companion and I both agreed that we should invite Nancy (name changed) to that. We texted her, and she said that it would be nice to attend a baptismal service! She even asked if we could meet there at 4 so that we could talk before the service. My companion and I were screaming in the car, and we were like "Who is she?". Also, we invited Scott, another friend of ours, to the baptism as he had been saying that he would want to attend a baptismal service. And both of them were there! Scott was crying during the baptismal service, and he said that he knew that it was something he needed in his life also! He got to go home to take care of his wife and his newborn baby right after the service but told us that he would talk with his family about baptism and would love us to visit his family as soon as possible. We got to talk with Nancy (name changed) after the service. She said that it was different as she grew up Catholic but liked it. She also told us that she had checked out a long time ago and felt like she should request for a missionary visit. However, she was hesitant to do that as her family was all Catholics. She told us that she tried to forget about it but couldn't, so she finally just did it! We set up an appointment for tomorrow, and she said that she would love to tell us her story. I'm very excited about it.
This miracle means a lot to me. It shows me that Heavenly Father loves all His children and always provides a way for those who are seeking the truth to learn about His gospel. It again reminds me that we have to act on the promptings we receive immediately. I know that miracles happen as Heavenly Father wants us to have success and helps His children to come unto Him.
In 2 more days, I will have been out for 8 months. And in 4 more days, I will have received my mission call for a year. Time flies! I never thought that I would serve a full-time mission when I grew up. But I'm grateful that I'm now on my mission. It's the most rewarding work you can ever ask for. I'm thankful for my best friend Sister Leung (Yes, we have the same last name. She is serving in Canada Vancouver Mission), who helped me receive the answer that I should serve a mission. I still vividly remember that we went to the Temple ground to pray after President Monson announced the age change for missionary. We were praying for the whole afternoon, but I didn't get any answer. I told Sister Leung that maybe it meant I didn't need to serve a full-time mission. She looked at me and asked me if I didn't want the answer to be a yes. I admitted it and told her about my concerns. She told me that I would never get an answer if I was worrying that much. She also told me that I had to be willing to receive whatever answer Heavenly Father was going to give me. I'm grateful for the things she told me. I prayed again that night and told Heavenly Father that I would be willing to do whatever He asked me to. All I wanted was a clear, definite, sure answer. The next day when I woke up, I knew that I was going to serve a mission. I'm grateful for the opportunity to share the Gospel with others as it has brought me the greatest joy in my life. I hope you will all continue to share the Gospel with people around you and help them see the light and joy that come from it.
Sister Leung
Chinese New Year Dinner with members and two recent converts.

No comments:

Post a Comment