Wednesday, August 27, 2014

The BEST week on my mission

Hi all,
 
Last week was just absolutely wonderful. Both my companion and I agree that last week was the best week on our missions. We had many member present lessons and saw many miracles. As a result, this email is going to be long.
 
Last Tuesday, I went on exchanges with my Sister Training Leader Sister Nelson. She is just an amazing sister. She is an obedient and hard-working missionary. We had lots of fun by working hard and talking with EVERYONE. I was never good at talking with everyone consistently. There were days that I did good, but most of the time I would pick and choose. Before we exchange back, Sister Nelson asked me what goal I would want to set. Without even thinking about it, I just said "Talking with everyone about baptism". After I said it, I realized that it was not going to be an easy goal, but I would just do it since I said it. Yes, so I have been talking with everyone about baptism. Some people completely ignored us, but I would just keep talking until they walked away. They have their own agency, but I am not fulfilling my purpose if I don't even mention the word baptism.
 
We had 23 member present lessons last week! (Normally we don't have more than 5) The reason that we had so many is because a 16 years old member from the Tongan ward came out with us for 3 days! She is the most awesome 16-year-old I have ever met. She has a strong testimony in the gospel and loves to share it with everyone. My companion and I didn't really need to go up to talk to people as she was always walking in front of us and handing mormon.org cards to people. We stopped to talk with an old man sitting on a bench. Once we told him which church we were from, he started yelling at us and saying mean things about the church. I was about to just bear testimony and leave. But this 16-year-old was very bold and told him to listen to our message, and she even gave him a Book of Mormon. When he said he didn't want to take it, she said "You are going to take this book, and you are going to like it, and you are going to read it!". My companion and I were just shocked. This girl taught us so much about boldness. After saying a prayer with that man, we left. A few hours later, when we walked in Subway to have dinner, we saw that old man through the window. He was still sitting on that bench by himself. And this 16-year-old told us that she got a feeling that she had to go talk to him again, and then she ran across the street to talk to that man. My companion and I watched her through the window the whole time. After about 15 minutes, she came back and told us that that old man had tears when she shared a scripture from the Book of Mormon with him. I don't know how she did it, but what she did reminded me of the importance of following the promptings of the Spirit. This girl is absolutely amazing! And I can totally see her being a great full-time missionary 3 years from now.
 
Yesterday was my second Sunday in the ward and was my first time meeting the Stake President. He asked me right before Sacrament meeting began if I could talk for a few minutes. It was my first time giving a talk without any preparation. I prayed and spoke whatever came to my mind. Surprisingly, I was not shaking or nervous. I bore my testimony and talked about member missionary work. Hopefully our members would become even more missionary-minded. And the investigator that I mentioned last week came to church yesterday! She liked it and felt very welcomed. She received a Priesthood blessing from the Bishop after church to help her quit smoking. She has set a goal to be baptized on September 20:)
 
Last night, we had a Member Missionary Fireside in the Bellevue Stake Center. It was great! Our on date investigator and her roommate both came and enjoyed it. Sister Pingree, Sister Eaton, and I did a musical number in front of hundreds of people, and it went really well. Since it was my last time to see my trainer Sister Boyd before she goes home next month, I pretty much stayed with her the whole time (I still stayed within sight with my companion though). We talked and laughed and took pictures after the fireside. I was about to cry when it was time to say goodbye. Well, I did weep a little bit. Anyway, it was a very spiritual meeting. I enjoyed hearing those recent-converts' testimony. They just reassured me that the work that I'm doing is the most important work ever. I know that the fulness of the gospel of Jesus Christ can only be found in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I love being a missionary and am going to be working diligently each day until it's time for me to get released.
 
Have a good week everyone!
 
Love,
Sister Leung
I still miss the time serving with these 3 wonderful people in Somerset.

With my trainer Sister Boyd

With my second trainee Sister Matheney

With my first trainee Sister Whetten
With my companion Sister McBride


With Sister Pingree and Sister Prows
I LOVE them so much!

I don't even remember how many times Sister Pingree and I have performed together.. maybe 10?!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment