Wednesday, August 13, 2014

I'm now in SEATTLE!

Hi all,

I don't even know where to begin to be honest because this past week was just extremely crazy and stressful. Last Wednesday, my companion finally had to go home to have her knee fixed. I was really sad that she had to go home but was happy that she could really figure out what happened to her knee. For the whole day, I was working with my sister training leader Sister McEntire and her companion Sister Boyd (she was my trainer!) in their area (Beaverlake area). Nobody ever told me to pack anything, not even a night bag. We all had no clue what was going to happen. After waiting for hours and hours, I finally just called the Assistants to ask them what I was supposed to do, and they said that I had to pack everything and to stay with them in their area until transfer. Since we found it out at 7:45pm, there is no way we could drive back to my area to pack and then go back to their area. So they had to pack a night bag and to come stay in Overlake with me. Thursday is our weekly planning day, and I had to do it by myself. It wasn't easy. And I used both my lunch and dinner time to organize stuff and pack. I didn't get a lot done. Since we were also told that we would need to clean up the whole apartment, we stayed there until Friday afternoon when we had everything done. Finally, we drove back to Beaverlake area and stayed there until this morning. Those few days were just really exhausting. BUT I absolutely enjoyed my time serving in Beaverlake. I never thought I would like being in a trio, but this trio was just amazing! I got to learn a lot from both Sister McEntire and Sister Boyd. I was glad that Sister Boyd and I got to be companions for a week after not serving around each other for almost a year. It was fun to see how much we both have grown. We have become so much bolder now!!!! And with Sister Boyd, you just don't need to worry about what to eat. Food will always be on the table:) I didn't cook at all when I was a companion with her last year. Last night, we all were nervously waiting for the transfer call. I felt like I would get transferred, and yes I did. I would miss the Chinese couple that I was teaching. The husband wants to be baptized so badly and he is really ready for it, but his parents still don't agree with the idea of tithing. I'm grateful that I got to teach him all the lessons and know that he will be baptized in the near future.

I got transferred to the Normandy Park ward in the Seattle zone! My companion is Sister McBride (from Arizona). Both Sister Boyce and Sister Boyd have served in that ward before, and they have told me how great that ward is. I'm really excited about seeing miracles in this area. At transfer, President Choi asked all the missionaries who would be home by the end of this year to stand up, and of course I was one of the many. He asked us not to have any conversations about home, school, boyfriend/girlfriend until we got released unless he asked us to. He said that it would help us stay focused on missionary work. It's going to be challenging for many missionaries, but I do know that President Choi has been called by God to be our Mission President, so whatever he says is a commandment of our Heavenly Father. I only have 4 months left. It's crazy how fast time goes by when you are on your mission. I have committed myself to bearing my testimony of the Book of Mormon to every person that I will come in contact with. I know that this Church is true and am grateful for the opportunity to be a full-time missionary. Yesterday, I experienced the highest temperature in my life! It was 104 degrees Fahrenheit (40 degrees Celsius). This Summer has been much hotter than the one last year. But we just gotta keep working hard because this Church is true! 
This is the first edition of the Chinese Book of Mormon!

All the sisters in the Bellevue zone

With Sister Capener. She went home today. I miss her tons.

With Hermana Larson. She also went home today.

With Sister McEntire and Sister Boyd:)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment