Wednesday, April 9, 2014

We thank thee o god for a prophet

Hi all,
 
This past weekend was the best ever because of General Conference. I had been so excited about it since maybe January. And this time I really wrote down questions I had before Conference and prayed that I would receive answers to them. And I did receive lots of revelation in total 8 hours of General Conference. It's a blessing to have a living prophet to guide us on this earth. I remember how terrible I was a teenager that I never stayed awake during General Conference. It was really bad. But ever since I went to BYUH, I have been looking forward to General Conference. I know that President Thomas S. Monson has been called by God to be the Prophet of this world. I know that as we PREPARE for conference, we will be able to receive personal revelation. I would want to share with you all some of my favorite talks from General Conference:
 
Elder Jeffrey R. Holland - You will be called upon to defend your faith at some point in your life because you are a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It requires courage but it is worth it. Defend your faith with courtesy and compassion.
 
I truly wish I had defended my faith when I was in Secondary school. At that point, I still hadn't gained a strong testimony of the gospel and didn't really stand for my faith and standard. I'm grateful that I have been given lots of opportunity to do so since I came on my mission. I have gotten lots of response like "I've researched your church and I know that it's not true" or "I know that the Book of Mormon is not true". I'm thankful to know that bearing testimony is the most powerful missionary tool, and sometimes it's all you can do. I'm not an expert of the Bible or the Book of Mormon, but I know that they are the words of God.
 
Elder Neil L. Andersen -  Challenges will come to you, but if you put your trust in God, they can strengthen you. Your strength comes from trusting the Prophets of God.
 
President Henry B. Eyring - Righteousness must be chosen. Choosing right will not need faith if the blessings always come immediately.
 
Elder Russell M. Nelson - God's laws must always be our standards. Wrong is never right even if everyone is doing it. All men have fear but face fear with faith.
 
Elder Richard G. Scott - Serve the Lord FIRST! We best serve our Heavenly Father by righteously influencing others.
 
President Dieter F. Uchtdorf - The Lord doesn't expect us to be less thankful when we are having trials.
 
Bishop Gary E. Steveson - You will have the eternity to think about what you have done in this life. It's not yet too late to repent, but no one knows how much time you still have. Don't delay.
 
It's a good reminder for me that I will have the eternity to think about what I have done on my mission. I better work hard now!
 
Elder David A. Bednar - The Savior has not just suffered for our sins but also our physical pain, weakness, disappointment...
 
President Thomas S. Monson -  If we love God, we will love our fellowmen also.
 
I'm looking forward to the next General Conference. And in the meantime, I will be studying the Conference talks. And I know that General Conference doesn't benefit us much if we are not going to make changes in our lives.
 
Alright, enough said for General Conference. Today is transfer day. Last night we were nervously waiting for transfer call. We just got along so well that we thought maybe we wouldn't be companions anymore. When I came out from shower, I asked my companion if either of us was leaving. She just said to me that the answer was on the paper which was on my bed. I took a look at it, and it said "Let's dance another transfer". Yay! We are staying together for another 6 weeks. I don't think I had ever been that excited about staying with the same companion. But I really do love Sister Capener a lot. She is just so amazing! I know that there is still work to be done by us in this area. We are excited about it. I know that this is going to be a great transfer.
 
And I want to share with you all a new mission rule we have - Sing when you are in the shower. I'm not joking. It's really a rule. When I first heard it, I was like "President Choi.. really?!" It did sound ridiculous to me at the beginning especially when our mission already had more rules than many other missions. But I obeyed it anyway because I knew that President Choi had received the keys to preside over the Washington Seattle Mission, so whatever he says is from God. As I started singing in the shower, I understood more about why we were given this rule. Shower time used to be a time for me to think about whatever I wanted, and quite often I would think of things that were not mission related. But now we have to sing hymns in the shower, so I can't really think about anything else besides missionary work and the Gospel of Jesus Christ. This rule definitely helps me to stay focused on my purpose. Time flies! I hit my 10 month mark last Saturday. I'm praying every day that I will be able to fully concentrate on missionary work every second for the rest of my mission. I know that this Restored gospel can bring eternal happiness to everyone who accepts it. I pray that you all will pray for opportunity to share the gospel with others.
 
Love,
Sister Leung
That's what I found on my pillow after shower:)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment