Wednesday, April 23, 2014

He is risen! He is risen!

Hi all,
 
The past week was kind of rough. We struggled to find and teach. Not many people were willing to listen to us. It was a really trying week. At a Zone Conference, President Choi taught us to appreciate trials. He actually asked us to say "thank you trials" whenever we were having a hard time. Of course it wasn't the easiest thing to do, but I really have learned to appreciate the trials I'm given. We often need some bad weeks to help us appreciate the good weeks we have had. And we can't expect life to be easy because we are here to learn and grow and to prepare to meet God again (Alma 34:32). Moreover, our trials are really nothing when compared with what Jesus Christ has gone through. The Son of Man hath descended below them all. Art thou greater than he? (D&C 122:8)
 
My companion and I studied about FAITH for a few times throughout the week as we both agreed that we needed more faith in finding prepared people to teach and baptize. I really love what Elder Russell M. Nelson said at the recent General Conference: "When we speak of faith—the faith that can move mountains—we are not speaking of faith in general but of faith in the Lord Jesus Christ". It's important for us to put our faith in Jesus Christ but not anyone or anything else. In Helaman 5:12, it says "And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall". We met a guy the other day trying to bible bash with us. We tried really hard to leave as there was definitely a spirit of contention. He, however, wouldn't let us leave and kept asking us questions. His whole point of talking to us was to tear down our faith and to make us question what we knew to be true. I almost said to him "I know you are trying really hard to make me doubt what I know to be true, but let me tell you, you have picked the wrong person". I know that the Book of Mormon is true not because my parents have told me that it's true, it's because I have read every page of it and have prayed to ask God and have received a confirmation that it's true through the power of the Holy Ghost.
 
Last night we met a Korean guy on the street. We testified to him that Heavenly Father had a plan for us, and we could live in His presence again if we would follow Him. He thought we knew all these things because we had seen Him before. We told him none of us had ever talked to him face to face. He said that he wouldn't believe it until he saw Him. Then, we taught him the principle of faith. From the Book of Mormon, we can know that lots of people still rejected the gospel even after they had seen miracles. Miracles will never proceed faith. I have never seen Heavenly Father or Jesus Christ, but I know that they live. I have never seen the gold plates, but I know without a doubt that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. I am grateful for the Gospel and my Savior. This Easter means more to me than any other Easter as I'm sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ with others. I'm eternally grateful for His atoning sacrifice that our sins can be washed away when we repent. In Alma 39:8, it says "But behold, ye cannot hide your crimes from God; and except ye repent they will stand as a testimony against you at the last day". There is no way we can hide our sins or mistakes from God, so I would encourage you all to repent quickly when you make a mistake. Remember, the Atonement is always there for us even if we don't think we deserve it.
 
Love,
Sister Leung

No comments:

Post a Comment