Wednesday, April 16, 2014

I LOVE being a missionary​!

Hi all,
 
I don't really know what to talk about this time. Nothing too special happened this past week. My companion and I worked really really hard every single day even though we were pretty much worn out. Women used to serve a mission for 3 years, and both of us would love to serve for that long but aren't sure if our body could handle it. We really walk a lot here in Bellevue. But we have lots of FUN! My companion is just really fun to be with. We laugh a million times each day, believe it or not.
 
We tried really hard to do better at street contacting. It isn't our favorite thing to do. It's not easy to stop someone on the street to talk about the gospel. But it's what we are required to do. And we got a lot better at talking until the person cut us off. We had more lessons than we normally did. However, we didn't have any new investigators as people just wouldn't give us a specific time that we could come back. It's pretty frustrating. But both of us have faith that as we continue to work diligently, we will find those who are really prepared to receive this restored gospel. I have learned that blessings or miracles don't always come immediately, but as we put our trust in the Lord, He will bless us with miracles according to His timetable.
 
Members in the ward are very happy that we are staying. And the Young Women Presidency definitely loves us! We were invited by one of the counselors to teach in Young Women yesterday. I miss my days in Young Women. And we were asked to teach the Restoration! It's definitely my favorite lesson. My companion and I thought of role-playing with the Young Women. My companion and one of the young women were the "investigators", and another young woman and I were the "missionaries". The young woman that I was with was only 12. We only got 10 minutes to prepare to teach. So I just showed her the lesson plan and told her that she could teach whatever she wanted and I would jump in if she ran out of things to say. The role-play went really well. I was so impressed by that 12 year old young woman . She knew a lot about the Atonement and the Book of Mormon. She said that she had shared the gospel with her friends in school. Of course, she didn't know how to recite the "First Vision" or use lots of gospel terms, but we could all feel the Spirit as she taught as she bore testimony of Heavenly Father's love for us. Don't ever feel like you need to be a gospel expert to share the gospel. Your testimony is the most powerful tool. I have met some people that they want to research the Church intellectually. They literally look into everything about the Church on the Internet. And I would just tell them that they will never gain a testimony of the truthfulness of this gospel without reading and praying about the Book of Mormon. I'm so grateful that my grandpa joined the Church years ago. He may not be the most well educated person, but he definitely has come to know that this Church is true because he was seeking for the truth sincerely and with real intent to act on the promptings he would be given.
 
I, too, know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God because I have read every page of it and have prayed to ask God if it is His word. I'm grateful for the opportunity to serve as a full-time missionary. I know that this Gospel can change lives. I just found out that the investigator I had taught in my last area got baptized last Saturday. It's alright even though I didn't get the chance to witness her baptism. The most important thing is that she got baptized into the Lord's true Church. I'm grateful that I got the chance to share the gospel with her and know that I will be able to teach more people as I work hard and pray for opportunity. :)
 
Love,
Sister Leung
Some maintenance people came to our apartment to fix the bathroom, so we had to have companion study in the car...
My companion just really loves the ALOHA sign :D

No comments:

Post a Comment