Sunday, January 5, 2014

I love the Gospel. I love my Savior.

Hi all,
 
Since I'm not going to be able to email next week, I think I should share my gratitude for the Restored Gospel and my Savior at this special holiday season.
 
A year from yesterday, my service as a full time missionary will come to an end. My companion asked me how I felt about it. I said "It's scary.". I remember I wanted to go home my first month in the mission field, but now I hope that I will never get released. It has been 6 months since I came to the mission field. My first two transfers were pretty rough that we struggled to find investigators. And I was called to be a trainer right after I finished my 12 week training. I didn't know how to be a good trainer even though I really tried. My trainee and I had a hard time getting along, but now when I look back, I know that we wouldn't have argued that much if I was more humble and patient. Being patient was the hardest thing for me ever, and I guess it was why the Lord gave me that companion to help me learn a lesson of it's importance. I trained for the second time last transfer and did much better. I constantly reminded myself that I had to be patient and couldn't expect my trainee could do everything that I could. And I pray every night that I could always keep my eye single to the glory of God. I was never homesick, but at the beginning of my mission I was missing the relaxing life style I used to have. I sometimes would think about school or things I could do after my mission, but I have come to a clear understanding what I am here for. I'm not here to think about my family and friends. I'm not here to think about if I am going back to BYUH after my mission. I'm not here to think about what places I am goin got when I get home. I am here to find, teach, and baptize. 18 months is really short, and I have less than a year left. I wish I had learned to turn my eye single to the glory of God earlier. I know that i would regret someday if I didn't focus on the Lord's work. Being able to serve a full time mission is a privilege, and I'm grateful for this opportunity to serve the Lord with all my heart, might, mind, and strength. I almost went inactive when I was 16, but the Lord saved me from going astray through one of my friends. He really could have just let me go inactive, but He preserved me. And I know that He preserved me so that I can serve a mission. I know that the Church that Jesus Christ set up when He was on the earth was restored through the Prophet Joseph Smith. I know the Heavenly Father lives. I know that we will be able to live with Him again.
 
Love,
Sister Leung
 
(Posted late. Should be in the Christmas week.)

No comments:

Post a Comment