Friday, January 17, 2014

You'll never know.

Hi all,

Today is transfer day. Ever since I came on my mission, I can always tell if I'm leaving or staying, and this time I felt like I was going to stay in North Creek, and yes I'm staying! My companion Sister Matheney got transferred to the Cougar Mountain Ward, which is right next to my first area Somerset. I got Sister Madsen as companion. We knew each other on Facebook before we both went to the MTC on June 5. And she has served in Somerset with my first trainee Sister Whetten, so we have lots in common.
 
Last night, all the missionaries in the Bothell Zone had dinner at the Stake President's house. It was so much FUN! I got to talk with Elder Petersen for a bit. He was my Zone Leader when we were serving in the Bellevue South Zone. One time, he put me on the phone when I was having dinner with members as they were teaching a Chinese investigator. He and his companion asked me to invite that investigator to be baptized in Chinese. I thought they were crazy, but I did it anyway. That investigator didn't really understand much as she was taught in English. So I had to explain the Book of Mormon and the Bible to her with my limited Mandarin on the phone. It was pretty stressful. But Elder Petersen told me that she had already been baptized and wanted to share the Gospel with the people around her! I was so happy to hear that. I had never thought that she would be baptized as she really didn't understand much. This experience definitely strengthens my testimony that we should never prejudge anyone as we won't know until we invite.
 
I don't really understand how time can go by so fast when you are on a mission. I have been out for 7 and a half months now. And recently I had a dream that I was being released as a full-time missionary, and I had tears on my cheeks when I woke up in the morning. I can't even imagine how sad it will be when I get on the flight to go home. I know that since we have set the goal to baptize 1663 people, Satan is going to work so hard to distract us, but I know that we can all be stronger than Satan if we stay on the Lord's side. I have been praying each day that I will be able to finish my 18- month mission. I love my mission. And I'm definitely staying on my mission as long as I'm alive:) Hope you all have a good week.
 
Love,
Sister Leung

No comments:

Post a Comment