Sunday, January 5, 2014

Have fun with the Spirit

Hi all,
 
The work has been going pretty slow recently. We didn't have much success during finding, but at least we have been working hard. Our Mission President has told us a million times that we should always have fun with the Spirit, and one of the way to do it is "Sing, sing, sing". He encourages us to sing as often as we can, and my companion and I have been trying to follow this counsel. When people told us that they weren't interested in our message, we would offer to sing to them. We practiced singing the first verse of "O come all ye faithful" and have sung to lots of people. Most of them would complement on our singing, and some people even said that we sounded like angels. Both of us never agreed that we were good singers, but I guess the Spirit can really hide all our sour notes. Singing hymns is definitely a powerful way to help people feel the Spirit. We actually got a return appointment by just singing. We knocked on a door, and a guy and his daughter who was about 7 years old came to the door. The dad wasn't friendly at all at the beginning and asked why we knocked on his door. We offered to sing to them. He was still really hesitant, but he let us sing because his daughter really wanted a song. His face totally changed as we started singing to them, and he said that we could come back to share a message at some other time.
 
President and Sister Choi spoke in our ward yesterday. It was so fun to hear from them. President Choi asked my companion and I to go up to stand next to him. He didn't tell us anything about this before the Sacrament, but we weren't really surprised either as we knew our Mission President well enough already. He asked us to share with members how we could have fun with the Spirit. And of course the answer was "Sing, sing, sing". He then asked us to show them, so my companion and I sang the first verse of "I am a child of God" in front of the whole ward. Lots of members thought that it was a plan, but we told them it wasn't.
 
A lot of people asked me if I got homesick a bit during Christmas, and I told them I didn't at all. I know why I am out here at this time. I know that I am here to help people come closer to our Heavenly Father and our Savior Jesus Christ. I am grateful that we got to share the message of the birth of Christ with some investigators and members last week. And our Zone also did caroling, and it was so much fun! It was definitely the most special Christmas in my life.
 
Love,
Sister Leung

No comments:

Post a Comment