Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Going on split is FUN

Hi all,
 
This last week... I really don't know how to describe it. It has been a super CRAZY week but with some good time. We finally went on split for the first time. I went with Rachel, who just got back from her mission. She studied Mandarin for a couple years so went to visit a few Chinese potentials, sadly they weren't really interested. The Relief Society President told me to visit a less active Taiwanese sister in our ward, but since she spoke broken English, I didn't want to go see her with my companion as I would the only one talking with the Taiwanese sister. Rachel and I went over to visit, and I was totally impressed my Rachel's Mandarin. We together were able to share a spiritual message in Mandarin, and Rachel give a prayer in Mandarin. It was such a great experience. After this visit, everything we planned to do fell through. Rachel tried to call some members to see if we could visit them, but none of them were available. I felt like I should call Sister Kim, so I did it. I asked her if we could go over to share a member missionary lesson with her, and she said "Sister Leung, guess what? I have an investigator at my house waiting for you. I just feel like I should call you, so just come". I was like "YES!". Sister Kim is just the BEST member missionary ever! She talked about the gospel with all her friends. This friend of hers was Korean, and she had already met with the Korean members. We shared with her about how the gospel has blessed our lives. We are going to do service for her this week by practicing English with her. It's going to be fun.
 
I talked with a few members in our ward last week, and they all told me that I had changed a lot since I came into this ward. They all remembered how quiet I used to be, and one of them said that she was quite worried about me at the beginning. They thought that I was homesick, but I was never. I'm glad that I went to BYU Hawaii before my mission. Even though I really didn't like it much, it really helped me prepare to serve a mission. There is no way I would have been on my mission if I hadn't studied in BYUH. Serving a mission has been a very humbling experience. I have been learning how to trust the Lord more, and I testify that He listens and answers our prayers. I had never been so grateful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ before my mission, but now I understand so much more about it, and I have a stronger desire to share the gospel because I know that all people need to know how they can be blessed by the Atonement. Because of the Atonement of Christ, our sins can be forgiven through sincere repentance. We have to remember that repentance is a gift but not punishment.
 
Love,
Sister Leung


 First Starbucks (CHOCOLATE!) since I went on my mission. Emily is the BEST!

Emily is leaving for the MTC in 2 days.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment