Monday, October 14, 2013

General Conference weekend!

Hi all,
 
The past week has been a bit rough that nobody would listen to our message. I don't even know how many doors we knocked on. But it was still a pretty good week with General Conference.
 
I got sooooooo sick last Wednesday. I just got a really bad sore throat that I woke up in the middle of the night. I could hardly speak. Sister Choi told me to call the doctor, and the only thing the doctor told me was to use salt water. I was like "Are you kidding me?". I was dying, so I asked Edler Larsen to give me a Priesthood blessing. I wasn't healed immediately but was given strength to continue to work. I tried all the medicine that I had, but they didn't help. Elder Larsen gave me essential oil, supplement, honey stick, and a bottle of honey. The honey stick was totally a magic! My sore throat was completely gone after eating it.
 
Last Saturday was my click day #4! It has been 4 months since I went into the MTC. And it was General Conference day also. All the talks were great. When President Eyring announced that the next speaker would be Elder David A. Bednar. I was like "YES!". His talk was awesome!!!! Between the morning session and the afternoon session, the Asian family that we have been teaching took us out for lunch. A family in our ward went also. They remembered me saying in Testimony Meeting that I missed Chinese food, so we had lunch in a Chinese restaurant! DIM SUM! I was sooooooooo happy. I felt like home. Most people working there spoke Cantonese, and I enjoyed listening their conversation. But believe it or not, I've lost my Cantonese. Anyway, the lunch was great! I really do love this family a lot. I had never prayed that often for any of my investigators before, but I have been praying a lot that I will be inspired to know what I have to do to help them come closer to Christ.
 
General Conference was great! I'm looking forward to the next General Conference already. Even though I was born and raised in the Church, I didn't pay attention to any General Conference until 2 years ago. My mom used to say that I was "cold-blooded" just because of the face that I wouldn't cry when I listened to any talk. It was simply because my heart wasn't softened yet. Now I cry even when I read the Ensign because I can feel the Spirit strongly. While watching the General Conference, I could feel that the Spirit filled the whole chapel. And I know that President Thomas S. Monson is chosen by God to guide us in these latter-days. I'm grateful for the Gospel in my life. I'm grateful that my grandpa joined the Church years ago so that I was born and raised in the Church. I'm grateful that I can serve the Lord as a full-time missionary. I love the gospel. I love my Savior and Redeemer. And I love you all! Have a good week.
 
Love,
Sister Leung
The girl on my left is Emily, who goes out tracting with us often. She is leaving for her mission in less than 10 days. I'm gonna miss her so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment