Saturday, October 26, 2013

Another journey is about to begin

Hi all,
 
Today is transfer day. I got the call last night that I was being transferred out of the stake boundary... I already felt like I would leave so I gotta visited a couple of members yesterday. I was crying after the transfer call. There were sooooo many people that I wouldn't get to see again until after my mission. The Elders were both being transferred, which was kind of surprising. Only my last companion got to stay in the Somerset ward. I started packing yesterday morning because I felt like I would leave, and I was right. (It was the first time in my life that I hoped that I was WRONG) Still, I didn't finish packing until 1am.
 
This morning, I visited a less active old lady in our ward. I tried so hard not to cry, but I didn't make it. I really had lots of great memories at her house. She was always fun to talk with, and I just felt like she was a great-grandmother to me. She was already 93 years old. I truly hope that she will live so much longer that I can see her again after my mission. After that, we went to the Temple ground to take pictures with the Elders, which has been a tradition since I came in. It has been a pleasure to serve with Elder Atherley and Elder Larsen in the same ward.
 
We then drove to the mission office for transfer. I'm now in the Bothell zone. My new companion is Sister Matheney, and she has only been out for 6 weeks, which means I'm going to finish up her training. My first reaction was "Oh my goodness I don't want to train again", but then I realized that I wouldn't do well if I continued to have this kind of attitude, so I tried hard to be excited about it. Last transfer was really rough. It was sooooo rough that I don't even know how to describe it. I can't even remember how many times I cried or how often we fought....  but I have grown a lot with the last 6 weeks because of all those trials. And I know that the experiences I had last transfer can help me be a better missionary and trainer in this transfer. I really miss all the people in my last area, but I know that the Lord knows where I have to be. Also, I'm here to serve the Lord with all my heart, so I will always be willing to go where He wants me to go. Sister Matheney just told me that there were some Chinese people that I may be able to help with as I could speak Mandarin. And she told me that there were 2 members in the ward that spoke Cantonese, so I might be able to gain my native language back. Believe it or not, I lost it about 3 months ago... I can still read and listen, but I really can't speak any Cantonese right now, and I have been having a hard time writing it...
 
I know that it will take some time to get used to a new area, but I know that the Lord always qualifies those He calls. I know that He will help me be a better missionary if I put my trust in Him. I'm already one-fourth done with my mission. Time has been going by so fast. I seriously don't ever want to be released! Being a missionary has been one of the greatest blessings in my life. It is a privilege to serve the Lord as a full-time missionary. To those who are thinking about going on a mission, I would encourage you to pray about it to know if it is something that the Lord wants you to do. I know that He lives and always answers our prayers.
 
Love,
Sister Leung
Elder Atherley and Elder Larsen

Pictures before transfer

I saw my first companion at transfer:)

Hermana Pingree. We came out from the MTC together.

The night before transfer

No comments:

Post a Comment