Thursday, September 5, 2013

In His own time, in His own way

Hi all,
 
Yesterday was Labor Day, so the library was closed. We were told the night before that we could go to the Church building for emailing yesterday in the afternoon, but since some missionaries were disobedient when using the computers, emailing of yesterday was cancelled! But later we were informed that we could email the next day, which means today:)
 
We worked super hard last week. My companion and I both agree that we had never worked that hard before. However, we got the least number on lessons last week within the whole transfer. We didn't get to teach any lesson during tracting. Still, I didn't get discouraged. I knew that there was something that the Lord wanted me to learn. I still don't know why we got so little done after working diligently for a week, but I am grateful that I could always feel the peace in my heart at the end of each day because I knew that I had done my best already, and I knew that Heavenly Father was happy with us as we worked hard despite rejection. And I know that the Lord can work miracles, but they will only happen in His own time and in His own way. In D&C 58:3-4, it says"Ye cannot behold with your natural eyes, for the present time, the design of your God concerning those things which shall come hereafter, and the glory which shall follow after much tribulation. For after much tribulation come the blessings. Wherefore the day cometh that ye shall be crowned with much glory; the hour is not yet, but is nigh at hand". I know that we don't fully understand God's plans, but we should know that He knows better than we do. So one of the most important things we should learn is to trust our Heavenly Father. He is aware of all his children's needs, and He knows when and how we can help them receive the Gospel. I know that because I have experienced it. Even though I was born and raised in the Church, I didn't gain a strong testimony of the Gospel until 17. Because of the hard time that I was going through, my heart was softened. And Heavenly Father helped me to gain a firm testimony of His Gospel by sending one of my friends to help me. My friend's example and his love for the gospel saved me. I know that Heavenly Father knows us perfectly, and He will place those who are ready in our path if we first put our trust in Him.
 
Even though we didn't get to teach lots of lessons last week, we had a wonderful lesson with a Korean lady. She was a referral from Sister Kim, a member of our ward. The Korean Elders from the Federal Way Mission have been teaching her since she didn't speak much English. However, Sister Kim still hoped that we could get to know more about this lady, so we met her in the Church building last Thursday. When we planned for her the night before, I was inspired to teach her how to receive personal revelation with the aid of the August 2013 Ensign ("In His own time, in His own way" by Elder Dallin H. Oaks). So we shared that article and some scriptures with her, and of course we used personal experiences to help her understand what she had to do to receive answers and how answers would come. The Spirit was there for sure, and she could understand us with no problem. And she said that she would continue to read the Book of Mormon and pray to know if it was true. I am very grateful for the Spirit guiding us what we should say and what inspired questions we should ask. I know that if we listen to our investigators with a real intent to understand, we don't need to worry about what to say next.
 
Hopefully I will have some wonderful experiences to share next time also. I'm sure I will:)
 
Love,
Sister Leung
 
Our District of this transfer (taken after Temple session on Aug 27)

Somerset ward missionari​es
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment