Friday, September 20, 2013

Good things are happening!

Hi all,
 
I will be home 15 months from now! (Oh yea, I like counting down...) The time has been going by so fast. I'm grateful for all the experiences I have had on my mission. It is definitely a humbling experience for me.
 
The past week has been a really great week, probably the best one since I came out. Sister Whetten and I are getting along well. She is amazing! She has no problem with being exactly obedient and talking with people. And I saw lots of miracles happened in the last few days, and I know that it was the blessing from exact obedience.
 
Last Friday evening, Emily, who were soon leaving for her mission, went tracting with us. We only knocked on 5 doors that evening, but we taught 3 lessons. It was my first time since I came out that people actually invited us to go into their house. We taught a man named Dale the full Restoration, and he said that we could come back to share the Plan of Salvation with him this Saturday. Yay 1 new investigator!
 
We also got a referral from Salt Lake that a lady may be interested in learning more the Gospel after visiting Temple Square, so we dropped by. She said that she was Catholic already, so she actually wasn't interested in learning more our belief, but she didn't shut the door right away. So we continued to talk with her about the experience she had at Temple Square, and she let us in. And we taught the whole Restoration and gave her a Book of Mormon. She said that we helped her clear some of the misunderstanding she had about our religion, and she would definitely recommend her friends to go to Temple Square. She didn't say we could come back, but she said that she would read some of the Book of Mormon:)
 
Last week we finally met our weekly goals! I know that the key to finding people is boldness and exact obedience. The Lord would not guide us to those who are ready for the Gospel if we were not exactly obedient. We sometimes may complain that there are no people ready for the Gospel, but I would say that our unworthiness may be the reason why we are not able to find them. I just got a letter from my BEST friend Sister Leung, and I really like the scripture she shared with me, which is in Alma 26:22, and it says "Yea, he that repenteth and exerciseth faith, and bringeth forth good works, and prayeth continually without ceasing—unto such it is given to know the mysteries of God; yea, unto such it shall be given to reveal things which never have been revealed; yea, and it shall be given unto such to bring thousands of souls to repentance, even as it has been given unto us to bring these our brethren to repentance". We as missionaries must always be mindful of ourselves as our conduct not only affects our Salvation but also our investigators' Salvation.
 
I know that the Church is true. I am grateful for the opportunity to serve a mission. I know that my life has been truly blessed by the Gospel, and I want to share it with other people. I know that miracles will happen in this area soon if we continue to be bold and exactly obedient. See ya next week!
 
Love,
Sister Leung

No comments:

Post a Comment