Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Exact obedience brings miracles

Hi all,
 
Our P-day is on Tuesday this week as we are going to the Temple this afternoon for the 1pm Endowment session! I'm so excited about it. Hope I'll have some Temple pictures to share next week.
 
The past week we have been working on being exactly obedient. Both my companion and I are always obedient even before our mission; however, we were struggling with being exactly obedient. To me, the hardest part was going to bed by 10:30pm that sometimes I went to bed 5 minutes late. It was still not exactly obedient. I have been going on bed on time for the past week:) And it did help me to have more energy for the next day. We have been taught that "Obedience brings blessings, but EXACT obedience brings MIRACLES". Even though we haven't experienced the miracles from being exactly obedient yet, I'm grateful that I can feel the peace and joy in my heart at the end of each day. And I know that God does miracles in His own time and in His own way. In 1 Nephi 17:3, it says "... And if it so be that the children of men keep the commandments of God he doth nourish them, and strengthen them, and provide means whereby they can accomplish the thing which he has commanded them..." I know that obeying the commandments of God is a way to show our love to Heavenly Father, and He will help us to get through our trials if we first do what He has asked us to do.
 
Besides exact obedience, we have been trying our best to have good attitudes on tracting despite rejection. We didn't have people to teach, so for one day we even tracted from noon until dinner time. And our whole area is a hill, so we had to walk uphill and downhill all day long. It was exhausting, but I know that we won't even remember the hard time we have had when we find one person willing to listen. It'll be worth it. I have been praying that the weather would be nice for tracting all day long, and nice weather to me is not too hot. I don't mind tracting in the rain, just not the heat. And the temperature for the past few days was close to perfect:) I didn't feel weak during tracting like I did 2 weeks ago because of the heat.
 
Last Saturday, our Sister Training Leaders called us that they would come over to tract with us for 30 minutes that evening. Both my companion were wondering the reason for that because we didn't think that 30 minutes would make any difference. Yet, I was excited to go on a 30 minute exchange with them. I went on exchange with Sister Prows last transfer already, so I doubted if I would still go with her, but I did hope to go with her again. I have been asking my companion when we would have exchange again. And I was still with Sister Prows this time. Yay! I was impressed by her boldness, and I wanted to be better at knocking at doors like her. We only knocked on 3 doors within that 30 minutes as people actually at least talked with us even though they were not interested in the Gospel. I was surprised by how friendly people were that evening, and I think the reason for that was Sister Prows did look excited when she knocked on doors. But us, we always looked tired, and perhaps it was why not many people would talk with us. After those 3 doors, Sister Prows started talking with a man on the street, and we ended up talking with him for 10 minutes, and we gave him a mormon.org card also. I was amazed by Sister Prows! She could just talk with people so naturally. And she said that we should have exchange the coming week, which means this week. I would be sooooooooo happy if I gotta go on exchange with her again. That 30 minutes did help a lot! And I did better on tracting yesterday thanks to that short exchange.
 
Two weeks from now will be transfer day. My companion will have been here for 6 months at the end of this transfer, so she probably will leave. And I will finish my 12 week training in 2 weeks, and who knows if I will be training someone next transfer. If I get to be a trainer, I will definitely want to be a great one, so I have been thinking of questions that I have to ask before I become a trainer. And I have been paying lots of attention when my companion is driving since I want to better recognize different places as our GPS never works!
 
I hope you all have a great week. See ya next Monday.
 
Love, Sister Leung

No comments:

Post a Comment