Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Click Day #2

Hi all,
Today is my click day number 2! It has been 2 months since I left home for my mission. Time goes by so fast! We are into the second week of my second transfer. We are going to have frozen yogurt this afternoon to celebrate it.
The past week we have been struggling with finding new investigators. Nobody was home whenever we went tracting. And I just felt like we got so little done. I admit that there were some moments that I really wanted to go home as I felt like it was a waste of time. But President Choi reminded us in Zone Conference that we are here because the Lord wants us to! That's true! I would have had the desire to serve my mission if it wasn't the Lord's will. President Choi then said that we ruin the Lord's will if we want to go home. I seriously can't have this thought again.
We have been teaching a lady called Diana for the past two weeks or so. My companion and her former companion tracted into Diana back in April, but they weren't able to contact with her since then. Since the beginning of my first transfer, we always put her name on the planner. My companion used to say that she was scared of Diana since she felt like Diana was trying to avoid her and her companion. But we still knocked her doors every once in a while. And we finally caught her home about two weeks ago. She was really nice and friendly! She was going through a divorce and was getting ready to move out. We only talked with her and shared a verse from the Book of Mormon every time we saw her the first week as we didn't want to be pushy. Later she told us that she felt good and comforted whenever she shared something from the Book of Mormon, so we decided to teach her the Restoration. We gave her the pamphlet, but we couldn't catch her home ever since we were ready to teach her! It was really frustrating. And I know for sure Satan has been working so hard to distract her as we both know that she is ready for the Gospel! Last night, she was cooking dinner when we went by. We caught up a little bit, and she asked about the Temple. She told us that there was always a LDS Temple close to her house wherever she lived! We told her about the baptism for the dead that we did inside the Temple, and then we got to talk about baptism. We read 2 Nephi Chapter 31 with her that explained clearly that we needed to be baptized the way Jesus did. She said that everything made so much sense to her!!!!!!!! She told us that she had read the pamphlet and had written some questions about it. I was surprised by how serious she was. We are going back tonight to discuss the Restoration with her. This experience teaches me never giving up anyone. People may not be ready for the Gospel when you first meet them, but who knows if they will be ready a few months later. And we are not here to judge if they need to listen to it. We are here to talk with everyone to make sure they have the opportunity to choose for themselves.
Missionary work can be real hard sometimes, but all hard times I have had helped me be closer to the Savior as he said "I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up" (D&C 84:88). And I know that the Lord has been helping me to do His work. I can't speak perfect English, but I can't think of a time that I didn't know what to say when teaching a lesson. Words are always put into my mouth. And I know that we can't teach without the Spirit.
There are still things that I have to get used to, and one of them is "EAT CHEAP"! We have been having chicken products every day, and I seriously hate it. I just want some beef, but my companion said that beef was too expensive. When we visited Sister Kim last Saturday, we talked about missionary work and how to eat cheap. She said that her husband's coworker had a farm that he always gave them organic beef! And she just got some the day before we visited her. She then gave us about 6 pounds of organic beef!!!!!!! We are not having chicken this week! Yay:) Members in the ward are just awesome. I enjoy having dinner at member's house every Sunday and Monday. We are always fed with super delicious food.
Running out of time. I know that the Church is true, and I am so grateful for the Atonement of Christ as I know that He can fully understand what we are going through because he has suffered all our bad feelings. Don't hesitate to turn to our Father in Heaven:) I know that we can be healed only through the Atonement.
Love,
Sister Leung

Elder Atherley has a new companion
from Arizona - Elder Larson (left)
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment