Wednesday, November 6, 2013

It was all by the Spirit!

This past week has been really great. We had a baptism last Saturday. Brother Anderson was already on date for baptism before I got transferred to this area, but I'm glad that I still got to teach him most of the lessons. My companion and I both agree that we didn't really do much, and it was all by the Spirit. His wife is a member but has been less active for quite awhile as she couldn't find the Church building after she moved. They didn't talk about religion when they got married. Later, they decided to find a Church so that they could all go as a family. And Sister Anderson remembered her experiences at Church, so she asked her husband to try our Church, and he loved it. The missionaries stopped meeting him in August as he was too busy, but later he asked the counselor of the Bishopric how he could get baptized. And of course he was told that he had to talk to the missionaries. So he started the discussion again. Last Monday, we spent some of our P-day hours teaching him so that we could finish all the lessons before he had the baptismal interview. Even though I didn't get to finish the things that I wanted to because of the lesson, I knew for sure that helping people to come unto Christ was way more important than enjoying my P-day.
 
I will never forget the Spirit we all felt at the baptismal service. The Spirit was so strong. And Brother Anderson told us that he did feel something was different after he came out from the water. He was really a humble man. He knew that he still had a lot to learn. And he has been looking forward to receiving the Priesthood so that he can bless his family. I know that the Spirit can change people's hearts as it has already changed mine. I know that this work is NOT about us at all. We are the Lord's instruments only, and our responsibility is to teach the TRUTH with power and clarity. I know that people can't be truly converted unless they feel the Spirit, and if they are truly converted to the restored gospel, they will never fall away.
 
I still really miss the people in my last area, but I'm getting more used to serving in my current area. I have been getting along with my companion. We actually have lots of FUN together, and just like what President Choi said, missionary work should always be fun. We have been and will be working hard to find those who are ready to hear the gospel.
 
Many people have told me that missionary work is the hardest thing I will ever do in my whole life. But I just think that it is the most rewarding work ever. Tomorrow will be my click day #5. I will be out for 5 months. Time has been going by faster and faster. I don't know how many baptism I will have before I go home, but I know what matters most is that I have done everything that the Lord requires of me.
 
I am grateful for the opportunity to serve a full-time mission. I know that through sincere repentance and the power of the Atonement, I can become a better missionary each day. And I'm grateful for everything that the Savior has done for each of us. I know that I will never be able to pay Him back, but at least I can share the gospel with other people.
 
Love,
Sister Leung


We were helping another ward of our Stake to ask members to write their testimony on a piece of paper and stick it inside, so that the missionaries can give them out to investigators.

Baptism

another Baptism picture

No comments:

Post a Comment