Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Miracles are happening!

Hi all,
 
Last week has been a really great week. We found 2 new investigators! My companion and I have been getting along really well. And we both agree that it was the blessing from working in unity.
 
We street contacted a guy named Jesus at the beginning of this transfer. We set up an appointment, but he wasn't home when we went there. We decided to drop by again, and he invited us in. We taught him the Plan of Salvation. He felt good about what we shared with him. We invited him to attend Church last Sunday and found a member to pick him up. He wasn't home when the member went to pick him up though. We were a bit disappointed, but the member said that his son was pretty sure that he knew Jesus. And he was willing to go with us for another lesson this week. Another investigator was Lily. We tracted into her about two weeks ago. She was from China and just moved to the U.S. a few months ago. She couldn't really speak any English, but she was so nice that she asked us to come back another time. So I asked for the Chinese pamphlets and Chinese Book of Mormon from the Zone Leaders so that I could prepare to teach. I was really nervous about teaching in Mandarin. I asked my companion to pray for me that I would be given the gift of tongues before we knocked on her door. I believed that I could do everything with the Lord's help. Lily was really nice that she even treated us cake and juice. My companion was sitting there all the time as she couldn't speak the language. I started talking with Lily. The Spirit was definitely there, and words were just put into my mouth. I paid fully attention to her and could understand her perfectly even though Mandarin was my third language. I taught her the Restoration briefly as she didn't have a solid Christian background. She was willing to listen and thought what she was taught made sense. I taught her how to pray and offered a prayer at the end of the lesson. She said that she would read through the pamphlet and pray about it, and we could go back to teach her. In the whole lesson, I only struggled with pronouncing a few gospel terms, and since she could read traditional Chinese also, I could point at the words from the pamphlet, and she taught me how to read it. The lesson went really well. And I know that all these wouldn't have happened without the Lord's help.
 
I know that the Lord will continue to put people in our path if we truly have the desire to share the gospel with them. I know that the Atonement is real. I know that through exact obedience and constant repentance, we will be able to see even more miracles. I know that the Book of Mormon is true. I know that Joseph Smith did see Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. Missionary work isn't easy at all, and I wouldn't have chosen to come on a mission if I didn't know that these things are true. And there is no way that I would go on a mission for anyone besides the Lord. I hope you all have a fantastic week.
 
Love,
Sister Leung

No comments:

Post a Comment