Sunday, November 24, 2013

I love the Book of Mormon!

Hi all,
 
This past week has been pretty good. We went on exchanges with the Sister Training Leaders. I was hoping that I would get to go with Sister Prows again, but I got to stay in my area with Sister Murphy. To be honest, I was a bit disappointed at first because I didn't know the area or Sister Murphy at all, but everything turned out great. Sister Murphy and I had a great time together. She told me that she was so excited to go on exchanges with me as she had heard of lots of great things about me. I was like "What? I bet you heard all these from Sister Prows right?". Sister Prows was just really nice. Sister Murphy helped me a lot with door approaches. We discussed how we could do better at talking about the Restoration and the Book of Mormon on doorsteps as they are something unique about our Church. We practiced and evaluated, and now I'm more confident in explaining the Book of Mormon to people on doorsteps. Everything we planned for that afternoon fell through and almost nobody answered the door. It was really weird but that was fine, just another trial of faith I guess. It was really fun to be with Sister Murphy, and I learned a lot from her. She is an amazing missionary and a great example of "turning your eye single to the glory of God".
 
We taught Lily (Chinese investigator) again last week. She didn't have the chance to read the Restoration pamphlet as her family from China came to visit. Her husband wasn't religious at all but said "Mormon is good" so we could continue to teach her. Again, we prayed really hard for the gift of tongues before we went visit with her. We read part of 2 Nephi Chapter 31 which was about baptism with her. She said that she agreed that baptism was really important, and it was why she hadn't been baptized yet because she didn't want to make such a big decision without gaining a clear understanding. We talked more about the Priesthood and the Book of Mormon, and she said that it made sense to her that we needed this "another testament of Jesus Christ". The Spirit was totally there. And even my companion who didn't know any Mandarin could understand briefly what I was saying. She knew when I was testifying and when I was talking about the Atonement. She couldn't explain how she was able to understand. It was all by the Spirit. We have been trying to find someone who can speak perfect Mandarin to help teach her, but we still haven't found anyone so far. I don't know how everything can work out, but I know that she is really ready for the Gospel, the Lord is going to provide a way for her to learn more about it.
 
I know that the Book of Mormon is another Testament of Jesus Christ and is an evidence of the Restoration. I know that anyone who reads it and prays about it with a sincere heart and a real intent can gain a testimony that it is true. I know that it is true not because my parents told me, but it was because I have prayed to ask God. I love reading the Book of Mormon and am grateful for the Prophet Joseph Smith, who translated this ancient record by the power of the Holy Ghost.
 
I wish you all have a great week.
 
Love,
Sister Leung
 
P.S. I have less than 13 months left. I really feel like I'm running out of time. And I will be doing my very best to find, teach, and baptize.

No comments:

Post a Comment