Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Another rough week

Hi all,
 
It has been another tough week. We still haven't had much success yet. For a few days, we didn't even get to teach any lesson throughout the day, which was quite frustrating. But I need to admit that it's more or less because of our fear. My companion and I are still afraid of knocking on doors and talking to people on the street. We obviously haven't tried our best out of FEAR.
 
The Seattle Mission split last Friday. All friends that I met at the MTC or on Facebook are now at the new mission, which is the Federal Way Mission. I'll still be at the Seattle Mission, and I know that I'm here for some reasons. Last Thursday, we had the new missionary training, and all new missionaries had to share the first experience of putting someone on date. And quite a lot of people and I hadn't put anymore on date by that time, but we all shared that we had strong faith that miracles would happen as we continued to work hard and be exactly obedient.
 
The Elders in our ward gave us a referral few days ago. A lady came to them while they were tracting on the street. The lady had been inactive at Church for years. Her daughter started asking her questions about God and death, so she decided to meet with missionaries. We went by the next day to teach them the first lesson, it went pretty well. It was a bit hard to explain the Restoration to a 9 year old girl though. We are going back to teach them the Plan of Salvation tomorrow. I'm very excited about it.
 
Thanks to my companion, we got a FLAT TIRE on Saturday while driving back home. She hit on something while looking at the map. And we couldn't get it fixed until today. So we had to WALK uphill and downhill to do finding yesterday! And I so wanna say that Seattle is so HOT right now, its simply an OVEN, no kidding! Who ever said Seattle never gets hot is a lier! I really can't stand the heat anymore. I feel like I'm just in Hong Kong. And too bad that houses here don't even have a fan, not to mention the air-conditioner. I think I just have to live in Alaska for the rest of my life.
 
The bishop asked me to share some of thoughts and to bear testimony during the Sacrament yesterday. I again shared how I came to be a missionary. I was scared to death to speak in front of people, but I definitely did better than I was in BYU Hawaii. I'm still struggling with English sometimes.
 
Missionary work is hard indeed. And for the past week, I sometimes felt discouraged that I even wanted to go home so badly. But I know that I was the one choosing to go on a mission, nobody forced me to do that. So I must get it done! In Alma 38:5, it says "And now my son, Shiblon, I would that ye would remember, that as much as ye shall put your trust in God even so much ye shall be delivered out of your trials, and your troubles, and your afflictions, and ye shall be lifted up at the last day" I know that God can make miracles if we put our faith and trust in Him. And as a missionary, all you can do is that tomorrow is going to be a better day. And I know that God always listens and answers our prayers. On Saturday morning, I was in a pretty bad mood for some reasons, and I just prayed that I could receive any kind of encouragement that day, letters would be best if possible. When I got back from finding later that day, I saw a letter and a postcard on the desk. The letter was from a sister missionary that I've never met in person, I only knew her through Facebook before mission. The postcard was from Puipui, one of the BEST friends in my life. They really did cheer me up. Don't hesitate to pray to our loving Heavenly Father. He knows us perfectly and wants to help us to go back to Him someday.
 
I still have things to say but I'm running out of time. Hope you all are doing great.
 
Love,
Sister Leung

Hermana Huchendorf. Met her in BYU Hawaii. Sadly she is now at the Federal Way Mission. Many people know that I can't really "connect" with white people for some reasons, but she is always my favorite "white person".
 
Sister Judd. I met her at the MTC, but again sadly, she is now serving at the Federal Way Mission. I so hope to be companions with her.
 
 
Elder Vang, one of the Elders in our ward. He is such a great example to everyone. He can do everything so happily and willingly, and he is always HELPFUL to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment