Monday, March 25, 2013

We are all gonna be sister missionaries

It has been 6 weeks since I opened my mission call. Time flies! And I can tell you that my life has changed a lot already even though I still haven't left for the MTC. When I met with the Stake President for my missionary application, he required me to finish several tasks before getting on the plane to the MTC, and one of them was reading the Book of Mormon for an hour each day. It's not an easy task, but I know that the Lord will strengthen me if I put Him at the first place. Here is one of my favorite scriptures: "But seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you." (3 Nephi 13:33)
Because of the missionary age change, many of my friends have also decided to go on a mission. Witnessing my friends opening their mission call is always exciting and joyful. I wish I could witness a few more mission call openings before this semester is over.





I'm grateful that the Stake has helped us prepare for missionary work by holding a MINI MTC last Saturday. It started at 6:30am and so I woke up at 5:45am to get myself ready. Getting up that early (especially on Saturday) was not easy but it was worth it! All prospective missionaries were assigned to different zones. My friend Debbie and I were in the same zone, and we worked as companions. A Japanese return missionary was there to teach us how to teach the first lesson. After explaining how we should prepare for the lesson, he gave us time to study as companions. Debbie and I were companions in the mini MTC last semester also, but we took it more seriously this time as we will soon teach real investigators. When we were ready, the return missionary acted as an investigator and we had to teach him the first lesson. Though the starting was a bit awkward, we did so much better than last semester! We then spent time on evaluating our teaching, and the return missionary was able to answer all our questions and teach us some skills. After that, we retaught the lesson. This time we taught even better. While Debbie was teaching the investigator, I had to testify what she said was true, and at that time I was thinking how blessed I was to have known the true gospel since I was born. (I almost dropped my tears while sharing my testimony and giving promises to the investigator) My life has been greatly blessed by the gospel. And my love for the gospel grows stronger every day.


No comments:

Post a Comment