Monday, March 25, 2013

Called to Serve

Seeing a lot of missionaries creating their blog to record everything about their mission, I decided to create one for myself so that my family can update my friends on how I'm going from time to time while I'm on my mission.
Hi, I'm Stella. I'm a born and raised Mormon. But it wasn't until the age of 17 that I was truly converted in spirit. I've gained a strong testimony of the true gospel by myself. I've realized how important the gospel is in my life through trials and blessings. I become more converted to the gospel every day.
In last General Conference, President Thomas S. Monson announced that worthy women may begin serving missions at age 19 instead of 21. What a surprising news! I had no clue why I was so excited about it as I had never planned to serve before that. Since that day, I've been praying and fasting to ask if serving a mission is what Heavenly Father wanted me to do. I received the answer within a week that I should go on my mission.For the next two months, I was working on my paper work with lots of friends who have decided the serve a mission also.
On February 7, my mission call ARRIVED! My friend Debbie was with me when I opened my mailbox, and I can still clearly remember her SCREAM. (I could tell that she was even more excited than me)
I didn't open my mission call until February 10. That day, my family (parents, sister, uncle, aunt, and cousin) and many good friends were able to witnessed me opening the call. I still remember how nervous and excited I was while reading out the call, and everyone was just screaming. Dear Sister Leung, you are hereby called to serve......You are assigned to labor in the Washington Seattle Mission.
Washington Seattle Mission, English speaking.



Going on a mission is the hugest decision I've ever made in my life. It's not easy to leave my family and friends for 18 months to preach the gospel in a foreign place, but I know that its worth it because its Heavenly Father's plan for me. I'm excited about serving the people in Seattle! I know that through missionary work, we can help people to be with their families for ETERNITY. I know that the Church is true with all my heart, and I'm grateful for the true gospel that brings me true joy and comfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment