Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Last email on my mission

Hi all,

Well... I really don't know what to write about this week. It's really hard to accept the face that a week from today I will be on the flight home. Since this Sunday is Stake Conference, I already had my last regular church meetings two days ago. It was really sad. The Bishopric announced at the pulpit that I was going home in 9 days, so of course a lot of members came up to me after Sacrament to give me hugs and to talk to me. It was a miracle that I didn't cry at church, but I did cry after church. Honestly, I have no desire to go home. 

This morning we went to the Temple to do Endowment. I am very thankful that I got to go to the Temple one more time right before going home. I was praying the whole time that the person I was doing the work on behalf of would accept it, and I did feel that she accepted the ordinance that I performed. I love being in the House of the Lord as I can always feel the peace that I can't find anywhere else.

I don't really have a lot to share about this past week as it was kind of rough, but I'm just grateful that Bishop and our Ward Mission Leader have great trust in us and really appreciate for what we have done. And I know that there are still a lot of things that I can be grateful for even though we haven't seen a huge miracle yet. It's definitely getting harder and harder to stay focused on the work at all time as that day is so close... When we were in the Celestial room at the Temple, President Choi came up to me and said "Oh Sister Leung this is your last trip". I was like "President I don't want to hear this". I still wish he would just let me extent my mission, but I know it's not happening. He said he would be talking to me about marriage at my exit interview... I will try to distract him but I don't know how well it will go...

I'm not in a mood of typing anything more... see ya!

Love,
Sister Leung
With my companion (:

Sister Policarpio, me, Sister Vander Hoeven, Sister Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment