Monday, November 10, 2014

I'm staying in Normandy Park!

(Nov 5,2014)

Hi all,

Today has been a crazy day because of transfer. I'm now in a trio with Sister Salabao (from the Philippines) and Sister Vander Hoeven (from Utah). I'm excited about this transfer and am going to make every minute count. This is my very last transfer. 6 weeks from today I will be on the flight home. I just want to cry whenever I think about it.

Let's talk about last week. My companion went home on Friday for medical reason, so I stayed with the Sister Training Leaders (Sister White and Sister Nelson) in their area for the last few days. It was fun to be in a trio! I loved it. I also got to learn a lot from Sister White and Sister Nelson. They are amazing missionaries. They love talking with everyone and are very persistent. We just had a great time together. Last Sunday, I chose to go to my ward for Church, so the Spanish sisters came to the apartment to pick me up as they shared the church building with our ward. The Spanish branch starts at 11, and ours start at 9, so that worked out for us. I'm so glad that I chose to go to my ward because I actually had promised to play the piano for Primary that day. I didn't remember it until I was given the list of songs that I was going to play. So I stayed in Primary for the second and third hour, and it was so much fun! Those little kids had so much energy! I love being around kids and hearing their laughs.

It still blows my mind that I have already started my very last transfer. When I first came to the field, I thought I would never get to go home. Now, that day is only 6 weeks away. I love being a missionary. I'm so grateful that two years ago I received the answer that I had to go on a mission. I wasn't happy with the answer at that time. But now I'm just so thankful for that. My mission has changed my life. It's definitely the hardest thing I have ever done, but it's also the most rewarding work I have ever performed. I know with all my heart that the restored gospel of Jesus Christ can bring us true and everlasting happiness. I know that the Book of Mormon is the work of God. I know that Joseph Smith was the prophet of the Restoration. I know that the Priesthood to perform sacred ordinances has been brought back on the earth. I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the Lord's church. I hope you all will continue to strengthen your testimony each day by studying the scriptures, praying, and sharing your testimony with others.

Love,
Sister Leung

No comments:

Post a Comment