Thursday, March 20, 2014

Where did the time go?

Hi all,
 
I can't believe that we are already halfway into this transfer and I will be in Hong Kong 9 months from now. Time goes by really fast when you are having fun. I still really miss my last two areas but at the same time love my current area. Lots of members have told us that they hadn't had sister missionaries in their ward for over 20 years so they are really excited that we are here. And the fact that I am from Hong Kong helps also!:) Whenever I tell people I am from Hong Kong, they will be like "That's sooooo cool!", and lots of people here have been to Hong Kong and all of them enjoyed it. This past week, we received 16 referrals from members! Lots of members in this ward are missionary minded. They really know their neighbors well and want them to find greater peace and happiness in their lives.
 
Of course, we still had lots of finding time during the week. Believe it or not, it rained throughout the whole week. But I know that we are the creator of the circumstances, so we can still be happy if we choose to. We have been praying really hard to be cheerful and to have charity towards people that we come in contact with. We tracted into a man named Bill (name changed). He didn't seem interested at all at the beginning but didn't shut the door, so we kept talking. We testified to him that the Church that Christ set up when He was on the earth was restored to the Prophet Joesph Smith. We also told him that we had a living prophet. He then told us that he actually had been to one of our Church services. But he told us he didn't understand why members of the Church would devote that much time to serving in the Church. It was a great question. I told him that many members were willing to devote their time to serving in the Church only because they knew that the Church was true. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the only true Church, and that is why I'm willing to give up 18 months of my life to serve as a full-time missionary. Missionary work is super hard, and the reason I'm still cheerfully serving a mission after getting a million door-slams is that I know the Church is true. I don't understand everything in the Bible or the Book of Mormon, but I know this much - The Book of Mormon is the word of God, Joseph Smith is a true prophet, and Jesus Christ died for each one of us. Learning the Gospel is a lifelong process, and we don't need to know everything to share the gospel. There were times that I just needed to tell people that I didn't know the answer to their question and led them back to the basics. Our message is either true or not, and it is all based on if the Book of Mormon is true, and I know it is! If you already have a testimony of the Book of Mormon, please pray for missionary opportunities and the courage you need. If you haven't gained a testimony, I would invited you to start reading the Book of Mormon and to pray sincerely to Heavenly Father to find it out for yourself. I know He does answer our prayers.
 
Hope you all have a good week.
 
Love,
Sister Leung
With all the sister missionaries in the Bellevue zone. Yes, I'm still the only Asian:)

With Hermana Hale. She met my friend in the Mexico MTC. Small world!

I'm in love with Washington! It's such a pretty place.

With my companion, Sister Capener

I have no idea where these DUCKS came from.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment