Sunday, December 8, 2013

Be bold and testify of truth

Hi all,
 
Today is transfer. Both my companion and I are staying. I know that there is still something we need to work on together in this area. I'm excited to see more miracles this transfer.
 
The past week has been a really good week. We learned a lot at District Meeting. I know that our District Leader was called by God and was inspired to lead us as a district. We discussed the importance of extending commitments and testifying of the Restored Gospel. Sometimes I might make our message sound too casual even though I knew for sure that it was important. And sometimes I didn't take the chance to testify when people said that our message and the Book of Mormon wasn't true. My companion and I set goals to work on our weaknesses. That evening, we got to talk with a Filipino during tracting. He told us that he had LDS friends and had been praying for them as he thought that they were misled. He was being very nice to us but was telling us that Mormonism was so wrong. He also asked a lot of doctrinal questions and did contradict himself a couple times. My companion did a good job in answering those questions without getting into Bible bashing, and I was standing there the whole time. That man just went on and on and on, and I started getting a bit impatient which I shouldn't have. I prayed in my heart that I would be given a chance to just testify to him of the Book of Mormon. After 30 minutes, my companion told him that we got to get going as we had an appointment. He then asked my companion if her parents were LDS. She said yes. He then asked me the same question. I told him that my grandpa joined the Church years ago, and I would eternally be grateful for his decision. I then testified to him that I knew the Book of Mormon was true as I had read and prayed about it. I told him that I was very grateful that I was born and raised in the Gospel. I told him that I knew without a doubt that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints was the only true Church on this earth and Joseph Smith was a prophet of God. To my surprise, he didn't try to argue with me or anything. He just said "Good luck" to us. I don't know everything in the Bible or the Book of Mormon, but it doesn't mean that I can't have a testimony of the restored gospel. And I know that people can choose not to believe in our message, but they can never deny our testimony. I'm very grateful that Heavenly Father answered my prayed immediately and gave me a minute to testify what I knew to be true.
 
I still can't believe that I have been out for 6 months already, which means I only have about a year left. I have been enjoying serving a mission and am grateful that I can be an instrument of God to share His Gospel. It's the most wonderful thing I have ever done. I'm grateful for all the good times and hard times I have had as they help me learn and grow. Serving a mission does require sacrifice, but I know that it's worth it as I have come to know my Savior more and have been able to share this with other people. I really know that eternal happiness can only be found in the Restored Gospel.

Love,
Sister Leung
 
With our Sister Trainers. Sister Murphy and Sister Prows

Missionaries in the Bothell Zone

With my companion getting ready for Thanksgiving dinner

Merry Christmas!

Thanksgiving dinner with members!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment